By Alex Crevar, David Hochman, and Emma Sloley
Find the beach town escape that fits your travel style:
- Tulum: Find the small miracle of a destination that has been discovered by the jet set without losing its supremely relaxed, back-to-nature vibe. Read More
- Santa Monica: A breeze away from the L.A. bustle, surfers and screenwriters meet here on sophisticated shopping strips such as Montana Avenue and Main Street. Read More
- Hvar: Celebrities and mega-yachts call on this Central Adriatic isle for glitzy beachside bars, but Hvar has managed to hold on to its original appeal. Read More
- Byron Bay: Set on the Australian mainland’s most easterly point, this bolt-hole for creative Sydneysiders has year-round appeal. Read More
- Saint Tropez: The global A-list has been flooding this French port for decades, transforming the rustic Mediterranean fishing village into the world’s summer glam session par excellence. Read More
Originally appeared in Virtuoso Life magazine, March 2013.